La Granadilla is a rural community which, since 2000, is part of the UCA Tierra y Agua (Earth and Water Union of cooperatives) cooperative, as it implements rural tourism as part of the community's development strategy. It also belongs to the Rainforest Alliance program as it fulfills the global criteria of sustainability. The cooperative manages a warm communal house where you can sleep and at the same time get in touch with the traditional activities of quiet rural life.
Mombacho volcano has a reach rain forest, that you can discover walking by one of these 4 paths:
- Crater path: 1,30 hours, easy level. You can observe several ecosystems and have a great view over Granada.
- Puma Path: 4 hours and hard level. You will enjoy the best view ever and pass by different kinds of forests.
- Coffee path: 30 minutes; very easy and perfect for bird watching!
- Tiger path: 2 hours and a half; hard level. You will get up to 1240 meters and enjoy two great view points! You will also see a collapsed crater.
Day 1: pick up at Europeo Hotel at 8 a.m. and travel to La Granadilla. In the morning, bull car tour to discover the community and in the afternoon relax at Aguas Agrias natural pools. Night at La Granadilla common house or home-stay with a local family.
Day 2: Breakfast and tour to Mombacho volcano. Back to Managua around 4 p.m.
- Private transportation.
- Accommodation with breakfast at La Granadilla communty.
- Food (lunch and dinner day 1; lunch day 2).
- All the listed activities.
- Bilingual leader.
- Alcoholic drinks.
- Not detailed food.
- Activities not specified in the program.
Prices listed per person and in US$:
2 PAX: $ 285
3-4 PAX: $ 209
5-6 PAX: $ 182
7-8 PAX: $ 172
9-12 PAX: $ 150
13-14 PAX: $ 140